IDRA Releases More Notable Recent Publications
The Indigent Defense Research Association's Notable Recent Publications (for April) is now onlie. The link to IDRA's Notable Recent publications is below and links to all publications are also included in the body of the post. Enjoy!The Indigent Defense Research Association's Notable Recent Publications (fr April) can now be found at https://www.indigentdefenseresearch.org/2020/05/notable-recent-publications-may-2020.html. Links to all publications are also below.
- Derwyn Bunton, "Rising from Katrina's Ashes but Still in Crisis: Public Defense in New Orleans." 32(1), New England Journal of Public Policy, 11 pp.
- H. Fernandez Lynch, D. J. Greiner, I. G. Cohen, "Overcoming obstacles to experiments in legal practice." 367(6482), Science.
- Michael L. Perlin, Talia Roitberg Harmon, and Sarah Chatt, '“A World of Steel-Eyed Death”: An Empirical Evaluation of the Failure of the Strickland Standard to Ensure Adequate Counsel to Failure of the Strickland Standard to Ensure Adequate Counsel to Defendants with Mental Disabilities Facing the Death Penalty Defendants with Mental Disabilities Facing the Death Penalty.' Vol. 53, University of Michigan Journal of Law Reform.
- Siyu Liu and Esther Nir, "Do the Means Matter? Defense Attorneys' Perceptions of Procedural Transgressions by Police and Their Implication on Police Legitimacy." Criminal Justice Policy Review.
- Jack Cutrone, ed. Rosalie Joy. Accessing Federal Grants, Foundation Funds, and Other Supplemental Resources: A Toolkit for Public Defenders. National Criminal Justice Association and National Legal Aid and Defender Association.
- Irene Oritseweyinmi Joe & Ben Miller, When Every Sentence is a Possible Death Sentence: Public Defenders Speak From the Front Lines About COVID-19. The Justice Collaborative.
- Jessica Smith and Jamie C. Vaske, North Carolina Judicial District 30B Pretrial Pilot Project, Final Report. Part I: Background, Process & Implemented Reform (Jessica Smith); Part II: Evaluation Report (Jamie V. Vaske); Factsheet.