Start Date: 11/3/2021 1:00 PM EDT
End Date: 11/5/2021 12:00 PM EDT
Venue Name: Renaissance Montgomery Hotel Location:
201 Tallapoosa Street
Montgomery, AL United States 36104
National Association for Public Defense
NAPD Racial Justice Conference
Nov 3-5, 2021
(starting at 1pm on the 3rd and ending at noon on the 5th)
Renaissance Montgomery Hotel
NAPD's Racial Justice Conference will include visits to the Equal Justice Initiative the new Legacy Museum and National Memorial for Peace and Justice.
This year, NAPD’s Racial Justice Conference challenges public defenders to consider three areas that impact their pursuit of justice for clients of color:
1. How they as individuals approach race;
2. How public defender offices address race in their workplaces; and
3: How to effectively litigate racial issues.
Plenary, breakouts and small group sessions will provide opportunities to discuss and address fears about speaking candidly about race, racial considerations (the) in our court rooms, over criminalization, 4th Amendment issues, use of experts, bail and pretrial release, office culture and more.
Early Bird pricing through October 1, 2021
Members - $370
Non Members - $420
After Oct 1
Members - $420
Non Members - $470
Volume discount of $50 for each registrant after the first 3 in a group.
We do have a limited number of registration cost scholarships available. To apply fill out this application by August 13, 2021
We have a group rate with the Marriott Hotel for $96 per night. Deadline for registration is Oct 2, 2021.
Book your group rate for National Association of Public Defense
- All attendees will be required to wear a mask in public indoor settings. Masks will be available for all participants at the registration desk, and signs will be displayed as a reminder to keep masks on at all times (except when eating or drinking).
- Hand sanitizer stations are located throughout the hotel property, including at the entrance to all meeting rooms.
- The seminar room will be arranged with socially distanced tables/chairs.
- All attendees are strongly encouraged to be fully vaccinated. We are unable to require vaccinations due to Alabama COVID Vaccinations Passport Law.
***NAPD doesn't apply for CLE or track attendance to provide certifications for our live webinars, conferences and online courses. This helps us keep the price as low as possible and avoids the disruption of the flow of the training required by many states to verify attendance.
We are able to provide CLE for dozens of recorded sessions from previous training for NAPD members in most states. These sessions are only $10 per credit hour. For more details, log in with your NAPD credentials at this link.