Under the general supervision of the Chief Public Defender, manages electronic client case files for entire office while providing overall legal document support including electronically filing, and occasionally drafting, of legal motions. Also manages case discovery and overall office calendar/docket. Arranges any out of county extended travel. Provides in house data processing training and support for entire office.
• Working within critical deadlines, word processes a variety of legal documents, which may include pleadings, motions, orders, warrants, petitions, subpoenas, witness lists, jury instructions, voir dire questions, verdict forms, reports, and/or general correspondence.
• Responsible for maintaining client files, including file indexing and document management.
• Provides in house computer skill and tech support for entire office.
• Assists with compilation of statistical data.
• Assists teams with power point presentations for plea and/or trial purposes.
• Coordinates the scheduling of appointments for attorneys.
• Responsible for arranging out of county travel and preparing reimbursement forms for office.