Still She Rises, Inc. (SSR) provides free legal representation to pregnant women, women with children, or women who are child caregivers and have been brought into the criminal, child welfare, and housing legal systems. Still She Rises seeks to employ highly motivated individuals with a commitment to indigent defense. Founded in North Tulsa, Still She Rises offers client-centered, innovative, and holistic legal representation. We honor the dignity of the women we serve by championing our clients’ individual goals while also targeting systemic issues impacting the larger community.
- Investigate and analyze relevant biopsychosocial history , including
- Interview clients, family members and other individuals relevant to a client’s life history
- Collect life history records (e.g., educational, physical and mental health)
- Arrange for and manage evaluation of clients by external experts.
- Draft persuasive mitigation reports to be used in negotiation, hearings or other areas of advocacy
- Advocate for clients in court and court-related environments
- Collaborate with other members of a client’s defense team to develop and implement a comprehensive strategy to combat or mitigate the variety of legal, social and bureaucratic burdens placed on a client.
- In collaboration with our Director of Training, provide relevant educational training to Still She Rises staff regarding de-escalation, crisis intervention, mental health, substance abuse, trauma, therapeutic modalities, human behavior, and other major topics at play in our clients’ experiences with legal and related systems
- Supervise MSW candidates in their field placement(s) at Still She Rises
||Still She Rises, Tulsa
|Posting Start Date:
- LMSW or LCSW
- Commitment to maintaining confidentiality within attorney-client privilege
- Strong desire to work within an interdisciplinary team-based model
- A demonstrated interest working with legal system-involved individuals who often have histories of trauma, issues related to substance dependence and mental illness
- Dedication to and passion for advancing social, gender and racial justice
- Strong writing, social and advocacy skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with individuals from diverse backgrounds and in crisis circumstances
- Strong administrative skills; ability to multi-task; ability to organize disparate matters effectively
- Preferred minimum of 2 years’ experience as a social worker
- Supervisory experience
||This listing expires on: 9/6/2021