Attorney II Dickinson, ND
Dickinson, a community of about 25,000 residents has many unique things to offer such as a museum center with four unique museums including a dinosaur museum, a golf course nestled along the scenic Heart River, a brewery and a vineyard. Dickinson is just a day-trip away from many ND historical sites such as Medora, Theodore Roosevelt National Park, the highest point in ND, White Butte, the Killdeer Mountain Battlefield, Fort Sauerkraut, the Assumption Abbey and the Indian Creek wildlife management area just to name a few. For the outdoor enthusiasts there are ATV and hiking trails, an abundance of upland and big game to hunt and places to camp and fish.
Commission on Legal Counsel for Indigents offers rewarding work and career development opportunities including:
•A comprehensive benefit package including fully-paid family health insurance, an excellent retirement plan, annual and sick leave, and a variety of voluntary insurance options:
•Flexible work schedule.
The hiring range for this position is $5543-$7390/month.
This position will represent indigent clients in judicial proceedings in the Southwest Judicial District and on appeals in the North Dakota Supreme Court. This position will require travel to all counties in the Southwest Judicial District and will provide conflict services in other jurisdictions.
- Represent clients in judicial proceedings in a competent, effective and ethical manner.
- Provide representation for conflict cases in other jurisdictions as necessary which may require some travel.
- Keep abreast of statutory and decisional law in areas of practice.
- Maintain license to practice laws and obtain required CLE credits.
- May assist with agency education and training programs and projects for public defenders and contract attorneys.
Performs other duties as necessary and/or assigned by the Commission.