Position Information Message
Attorney I Bismarck
Summary of Work
Commission on Legal Counsel for Indigents offers rewarding work and career development opportunities including:
•A comprehensive benefit package including fully-paid family health insurance, an excellent retirement plan, annual and sick leave, and a variety of voluntary insurance options:
•Flexible work schedule.
The hiring range for this position is $4613-$5382
This position will represent indigent clients in judicial proceedings in the South Central Judicial District and on appeals in the North Dakota Supreme Court. This position will require travel to all counties in the South Central Judicial District and will provide conflict services in other jurisdictions.
- Represent clients in judicial proceedings in a competent, effective and ethical manner.
- Provide representation for conflict cases in other jurisdictions as necessary which may require travel.
- Keep abreast of statutory and decisional law in areas of practice.
- Maintain license to practice laws and obtain required CLE credits.
- May assist with agency education and training programs and projects for public defenders and contract attorneys.
- Performs other duties as necessary and/or assigned by the Commission.
Attorney I Bismarck
||ND Commission on Legal Counsel for Indigents
||Valley City, ND
|Posting Start Date:
- Juris Doctorate Degree from an accredited law school
- Licensure as an attorney eligible to practice law in the State of North Dakota. We will consider applications from persons eligible for licensure, but not currently licensed in ND.
- Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Analytical and decision-making ability.
Applicants are screened based on qualifications, successful completion of the interview process and a background and criminal investigation. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Documents to be submitted:
Anyone needing assistance or accommodations during any part of the application or interview process please contact the Valley City Administrative Office at 701-845-8632.
- Cover Letter
- Three Professional References
Equal Employment Opportunity
The State of North Dakota and this hiring agency do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, genetics, religion, age or disability in employment or the provisions of services and complies with the provisions of the North Dakota Human Rights Act.
As an employer, the State of North Dakota prohibits smoking in all places of state employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.
||This listing expires on: 9/16/2021