Posting Date: June 24, 2021 Closing Date: Until Filled
Job Listing Identification Number: 14643774
State Class. No. and Salary Group: 0654/B26
State Job Title: Data Analyst V
FLSA Status: ?Exempt ? Non-Exempt
Agency Job Title: Research Director
Location: Austin, Texas
Monthly Salary Range: $7,500.00-$8,750.00
Type of Job: ? Full Time ? Part Time
Remarks: Salary commensurate with experience.
Travel Required: ? Yes 15% ? No
About the Texas Indigent Defense Commission (TIDC)
TIDC funds, oversees, and improves Texas public defense. Here is some of the work we do:
• Planning and funding new public defender and managed assigned counsel offices.
• Funding public defense in all 254 Texas counties.
• Funding 6 innocence projects.
• Monitoring compliance with state laws and TIDC rules.
• Collecting and sharing public defense data.
• Drafting and testifying on public defense legislation.
• Hosting trainings, conferences, and webinars.
• Drafting and disseminating public defense publications.
• Working with lawyers, judges, counties, state agencies,
and national organizations to shape thefuture of Texas public defense.
Last year, TIDC awarded over $35 million in public defense funding, added public defender offices in 10counties, monitored public defense in 32 counties, trained over 3,000 people, launched a new data portal, and released a major publication on public defender offices. Learn more at tidc.texas.gov.
Job Description: As TIDC’s first Research Director, you will lead all TIDC research activities, including data collection, data reporting, and data visualization. You will work with TIDC’s partners to create a new data portal sothat we can better understand the state of Texas public defense. You will also communicate research findings to stakeholders, including judges, lawyers, county officials, researchers, reporters, legislators, TIDC board members, and TIDC staff. You will use data to help plan new defender offices, monitor compliance with state law, and deploy TIDC funds. You will perform advanced data analysis and data research work, involving detailed data analysis, providing results, and monitoring and implementing data quality. You will work under minimal supervision, with extensive latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. You may supervise others. The Research Director reports directly to TIDC’s Executive Director.