Job Listing Identification Number: 14643911
State Class. No. and Salary Group 1573/B20
State Job Title: Program Specialist IV
LSA Status: ?Exempt ? Non-Exempt
Agency Job Title: Policy Analyst Location: Austin, Texas
Monthly Salary Range: $5,000.00- $5,833.34
ype of Job: ? Full Time ? Part Time
Remarks: Salary commensurate with experience.
Travel Required: ? Yes 30% ? No
About the Texas Indigent Defense Commission (TIDC)
TIDC funds, oversees, and improves Texas public defense. Here is some of the work we do:
• Planning and funding new public defender and managed assigned counsel offices.
• Funding public defense in all 254 Texas counties.
• Funding 6 innocence projects.
• Monitoring compliance with state laws and TIDC rules.
• Collecting and sharing public defense data.
• Drafting and testifying on public defense legislation.
• Hosting trainings, conferences, and webinars.
• Drafting and disseminating public defense publications.
• Working with lawyers, judges, counties, state agencies,
and national organizations to shape thefuture of Texas public defense.
Last year, TIDC awarded over $35 million in public defense funding, added public defender offices in 10 counties, monitored public defense in 32 counties, trained over 3,000 people, launched a new data portal, and released a major publication on public defender offices. Learn more at tidc.texas.gov
As a TIDC policy analyst, you are part of a team that improves Texas public defense through court observation, interviews, record review, investigation, and writing. When you find problems with a publicdefense system, you recommend changes and work with judges, lawyers, court personnel, and county officials to create better public defense systems and comply with the Fair Defense Act. In addition to these core duties, policy analysts have some flexibility to work on other TIDC projects, including presentations, publications, public defender office planning, and more. You provide highly complex (senior-level)
assistance to staff, government agencies, community organizations, and the public. You work under limited supervision, with moderate latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. You may train others.