Texas RioGrande Legal Aid (TRLA), STARR COUNTY REGIONAL PUBLIC DEFENDER
Deadline to Apply: 8/31/21
TRLA has openings for Investigators to work with a new public defender program in Starr, Duval and Jim Hogg Counties. The primary duties and activities of a Public Defender Investigator include the following:
1. Conduct initial interviews of clients within 24 hours of arrest to screen for eligibility, immigration status, and potential conflicts of interest; determine facts, obtain witness identities, evaluate mental health status, and assess facts regarding bail.
2. Locate and interview victims, witnesses, and law enforcement personnel; draft statements, maintain interview notes.
3. Locate, gather and analyze records, reports and documents, scan documents into case management system; serve subpoenas.
4. Visit and recreate crime scenes by measuring, photographing, and sketching.
5. Prepare written reports.
6. Testify in court.
7. Notarize legal documents;
8. Maintain accurate and complete client files and administrative records, including data entry into case management system;
9. Prepare administrative reports required by TRLA;
10. Any other duties required by the Chief Public Defender,
To apply: https://trla.wufoo.com/forms/zuzh7rh0izrzmc/