Social Services Manager
- USE THIS LINK TO APPLY:
The Travis County Mental Health Public Defender (MHPD) specializes in serving individuals facing criminal charges in Travis County, while experiencing serious challenges with mental health, intellectual, developmental, and other neurocognitive disabilities. The office uses an interdisciplinary team approach to provide holistic client centered legal defense and intensive case management support to clients.
The Social Services Manager is responsible for leading and managing the day-to-day and overall operations of the social services team (caseworkers and social workers) as they work in concert with the office’s legal and administrative teams to serve our unique client population with zealous defense of criminal charges, support through intensive case management and warm connection to community services.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to social work training and supervision, as well as managerial, consultative, technical, and administrative duties involved in leading, continuous development and evaluation of departmental goals and objectives. The person in this role will also be expected to actively seek, develop, and participate in collaborations with diverse community partners that serve our client population and expand possibilities for improved client outcomes.
This is a job classification within the Social Services job family. This classification is responsible for managing the operations of a social services department, work unit or program composed of multiple operational components and related staff. This classification is distinguished from the Social Services Program Administrator which directs and manages a large department or broad-based series of multiple funded programs with broad scope of responsibility, complex budget, and large staff.
- Duties and Responsibilities
- Social Service Team Supervision
- Directs and manages the planning and operations of the social services team. Oversees team, including hiring, training, performance evaluation and disciplinary actions, ensuring activities are consistent with policies, procedures, laws, regulations, goals, and objectives.
- Manages service delivery and program operations for social services team. Organizes operations and procedures. Sets priorities, monitors activities and assignments and resolves problems.
- Ensures staff development and training focused on the experiences of our diverse client population as they interact with various systems, including, but not limited to criminal, legal, health care, public benefits, and communities
- Researches, develops, and trains on “best practices” in the area of intensive case management, mitigation and related social work areas. Facilitates and coordinates staff development on best practices.
- Provides technical advice, policy interpretation and guidance for application of appropriate procedures to staff.
- Helps staff to better understand social work philosophy, become more self-aware, and refine their knowledge and skills. Guides staff in identification and resolution of ethical issues.
- Provides consistent presence and availability to handle various unexpected client issues, including de-escalation and crisis intervention.
- Provides individual coaching, mentoring, and support and advocacy on individual cases and practice in general
- Provides a climate of safety and trust where supervisees can develop their professional identity and increase self-efficacy.
- Program Development
- Collaborates with MHPD Director to plan, develop, and establish goals and objectives. Participates in or develops strategic plans to accomplish the goals and objectives
- Develops, oversees, and evaluates new and existing services and initiatives for implementation.
- Evaluates program effectiveness and develops improved methods. Devises evaluation methodology and manages implementation. Analyzes results and recommends or takes appropriate action. Prepares periodic reports, financial analysis and statistical reports on program activities and program progress.
- Assists in or develops budget for area of assignment. Administers budget and approves or recommends expenditures within established budget. May prepare proposals for funding or funding continuation.
- Engagement, Collaboration and Advocacy in the Community
- Serves as liaison and collaborates with governmental and public agency representatives, community outreach and advocacy groups, service providers and others. Plans, develops, and manages a variety of community development and community organizing activities. Identifies and resolves service gaps and barriers, stimulates interest in departmental programs and services.
- Develops and participates in education and training for clients and community. Makes presentations related to departmental programs and services
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
Social Services Manager
||Travis County Mental Health Public Defender
|Posting Start Date:
- Minimum Requirements
Education and Experience:
Master’s degree in Social Work or a directly related field AND five (5) years of increasingly responsible experience in social services, including (one) year of supervisory or management experience.
Licenses, Registrations, Certifications, or Special Requirements:
Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) OR Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC).
Valid Texas Driver's License.
Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
2 years of supervisory or management experience
USE THIS LINK TO APPLY:
||This listing expires on: 1/20/2022