The mitigation specialist assists our attorneys in juvenile (delinquency) and criminal cases. The work may include conducting biopsychosocial interviews with juveniles and adults, identifying issues related to intellect, mental health, substance abuse, and trauma, referring clients to experts, obtaining records, drafting persuasive alternative sentencing and treatment plans and identifying appropriate educational, substance abuse and mental health placements. Applicants must be willing to work with clients in jails and in juvenile detention facilities.
||Law Offices of Public Defender Carlos J. Martinez
||Salary is $44,000 - $48,000, depending on qualifications, educational background and experience
|Posting Start Date:
- Master’s degree in mental health/social service/counseling discipline referred.
- Bachelor’s degree in mental health/counseling discipline plus experience in Social Work/Mental Health/Social Service fieldwork preferred.
- Experience with Capital case mitigation a plus.
- Excellent verbal, computer, and communication skills required.
- Familiarity with school system, special needs population, and with accessing community programs and social service-related providers preferred.
- Bilingual skills: English/Spanish and/or English/Creole preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly and concisely.
- Must be able to prepare clear, accurate, and comprehensive reports containing findings, conclusions, and/or recommendations.
- Clean driving record, valid Florida Driver’s License and proof of automobile insurance.
- Reliable vehicle, as travel is required.
How to Apply: Complete an Application for Employment at https://www.pdmiami.com/public-defender/careers-and-internships/support-staff-hiring.page and submit your resume and writing sample, all in PDF format, to email@example.com.
Failure to provide required documentation information may result in rejection of your application.
How you will be evaluated: Your submitted application package will be reviewed to determine compliance with application requirements, level of position-relevant work experience, education and training.
After your application package has been reviewed, you may be required to participate in a selection interview. Non-local candidates may be interviewed initially via Skype or other electronic means.
Salary and Benefits:
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace. Applicants will be considered irrespective of race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or political affiliation.
- Salary is $44,000 - $48,000, depending on qualifications, educational ackground and experience;
- State Group Insurance coverage options, including health, life, dental, vision, and other supplemental insurance options;
- Retirement plan options, including employer contributions;
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays;
- Free tuition for college course on a space available basis.
Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or the People First Service Center (1-877-562-7287). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
Veterans are encouraged to apply.
||This listing expires on: 1/10/2023