Information Technology Systems Specialist - NAPD
Performs moderate to advanced information technology (IT) system development, maintenance, and support. Work involves directing the planning of organizational IT requirements and procedures for the purpose of improving or migrating existing systems, automating processes, and implementing new systems using third-party productivity tools, cloud-based software, and software-programming languages.
NAPD processes include email services, the new NAPD website, NAPD’s online educational platform, cloud-based file storage, membership database management, and data visualization. Work also involves providing occasional one-on-one IT support to NAPD staff. Works under minimal supervision, with latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
· Oversees the development of enterprise-level productivity tools, like Google or Microsoft Suite systems, and other cloud-based software to support NAPD staff and organizational processes.
· Participates in the transition of some existing IT systems to enterprise software systems.
· Reports to the NAPD Executive Director with status updates on projects and processes.
· Directs the implementation of information technology security measures to safeguard NAPD data.
· Maintains the NAPD website on the Wordpress web platform.
· Maintains a gated NAPD educational software platform.
· Creates internal and external data visualizations of NAPD membership and other data using Tableau or similar data visualization software.
· Trains and provides tech support to staff on IT technology platforms and usage.
· Extensively documents IT system processes for institutional knowledge and replacement training purposes.
· May supervise the work of contractors.
· Performs related work as assigned.