Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Locate and interview witnesses, victims, and clients in a timely manner; coordinate with witnesses regarding court appearances.
- Develop leads and sources of information: obtain, analyze, and disseminate pertinent records including court, medical, military, criminal and psychological; review presentence reports, prepare appropriate support documents; deliver subpoenas to witnesses; prepare detailed written reports; negotiate settlement, and arrange and coordinate documents and compensation for civil compromises.
- Testify competently and professionally in court concerning findings of investigations.
- Actively participate in team meetings with attorneys.
||Umpqua Valley Public Defender
||$54,107 - $83,938
|Posting Start Date:
||Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to conduct comprehensive investigations utilizing proper investigative channels and protocols.
- Ability to deal effectively with people of widely divergent backgrounds.
- Ability to prioritize and accurately accomplish multiple tasks.
- Must be proficient in MS Word, Outlook, and the Internet.
- Must have a good command of the English language; oral and written.
- Excellent spelling and grammar to compose and edit case-related documents.
- Ability to visit clients and witnesses in correctional facilities (may preclude employees and applicants arrested and jailed in preceding two years).
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings/nights, weekends and/or holidays as necessary in order to contact witnesses and information sources.
- Ability to lift 25 – 50 pound items as needed
- Proficiency in using investigation equipment, such as a digital camera, portable tape recorder, and video equipment.
- Possession of a valid driver's license and automobile insurance and the ability to travel via one's own vehicle to various locations, although we do have company cars that are available most of the time unless in use by someone else in the firm.
- Work requires continual attention to detail, establishing priorities, and meeting deadlines.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or GED
- State Investigators License is preferred, but not required, at time of hire, as we will train
Starting Salary: $54,107- $69,056 (DOE) plus benefits (Health insurance, life insurance, retirement, etc). We also offer a relocation and signing bonus as well as a 5% pay increase for bilingual language differential.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter via email to: Sharece.firstname.lastname@example.org
||This listing expires on: 1/9/2023