Supervising Attorney Williston, ND
Commission on Legal Counsel for Indigents offers rewarding work and career development opportunities including:
• A comprehensive benefit package including fully-paid family health insurance, an excellent retirement plan, annual and sick leave, and a variety of voluntary insurance options:
• Flexible work schedule.
This position handles the supervisory responsibilities of the Williston Public Defender Office and provides representation to indigent clients in judicial proceedings in the Northwest Judicial District and on appeals in the North Dakota Supreme Court. This position will require travel to all counties in the Northwest Judicial District and may provide conflict services in other districts.
- Day to Day operations of the Williston Public Defender Office. This position is responsible for oversight and evaluation of office staff and representing the office while working with other agencies.
- Represent clients in judicial proceedings in a competent, effective and ethical manner.
- Provide representation for conflict cases in other jurisdictions as necessary which will require travel.
- Keep informed of statutory and decisional law in areas of practice.
- Maintain license to practice law and obtain required CLE credits.
- May assist with agency education and training programs and projects for public defenders and contract attorneys.
- Performs other duties as necessary and/or assigned by the Commission.