Lateral Staff Attorney
The New Hampshire Public Defender is seeking to immediately fill several vacancies for the position of Staff Attorney to serve our mission of protecting and defending the rights and dignity of our clients with courage, compassion, and competency. Our office is committed to providing high-quality representation while serving the distinct needs of our youth and adult indigent clients.
The position requires the ability to effectively communicate with your clients, spot and anticipate legal issues, write, edit, review motions and the make sound legal arguments in the courtroom. Successful applicants will be able to work independently and collaboratively.
NHPD is committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity in our workforce. We encourage and welcome qualified applicants of all identities, cultures, backgrounds, and experiences.
Every Staff Attorney is provided with:
- Shared legal assistant (3:1 ratio)
- Shared investigators / social workers (ratio dependent on size/location of office)
- Internal IT department
- Internal state-wide trainings to satisfy annual CLE credits
- Surface Pro Laptop
- Digital case management system for case files (in addition to traditional paper files)
- Westlaw account
- Searchable NHPD Practice Guide
How To Apply:
Interested attorneys should submit a resume, cover letter and a law school transcript (unofficial acceptable). Please visit our website, www.nhpd.org, and click on the employment tab to apply.