Chief Deputy Public Defender
Handles a partial case load involving highly complex and sensitive felony criminal cases. Serves as trial counsel. Administrative duties include:
1. Planning, organizing staffing, coordinating and directing the efforts of staff attorneys.
2. Participating as a management team member in intra-department planning activities.
3. Managing programs and staff in a manner that ensures expenditures remain within budget guidelines.
4. Ensuring compliance with County/department guidelines.
5. Developing relationships with co-workers and staff and individuals outside County government.
For more information visit: http://www.whatcomcounty.us/311/Public-Defender
Job posting opens 9/13/19 and closes 9/27/19. Apply on-line.