Still She Rises, Tulsa seeks a highly motivated and energetic Client Advocate to join a small, interdisciplinary team of attorneys and advocates as they provide client-centered, holistic services to women and their families. The client advocate will be responsible for interviewing and assessing client needs relating to the myriad collateral consequences of criminal and/or family court involvement. The client advocate will counsel, represent and advocate for clients in a variety of settings, primarily in three general categories:
Public Benefits/Collateral Consequences
- Represent clients in administrative hearings
- Assist and advocate for clients in obtaining and preserving public and/or disability benefits, accessing medical services, job programs, and other social services
- Assist clients in protecting and preserving rights regarding police misconduct
- Assist clients in education-based advocacy on behalf of their children
- Assist clients in accessing and preserving shelter and housing
- Assist clients in obtaining vital documents
- Collaborate with criminal attorneys, social workers, and other advocates on case-specific issues as well as long-term projects
- Advocate for clients’ parental rights in the child welfare system
- Facilitate communication between clients and court staff, service providers, and the Department of Human Services (DHS)
- Advocate for clients in seeking frequent and flexible visitation with children and preserving clients’ rights within the child welfare system
- Assist clients in identifying and correcting criminal record errors
- Advocate with bail bondsmen and debt collection agencies
- Provide support to clients tasked with meeting requirements of probation or other community sentences and manage tracking system to help clients prevent warrants and re-arrests
- Assist clients in meeting court-mandated goals such as completing parenting classes and/or drug assessment/treatment and advocate for clients with each organization
- Participate in fundraising systems advocacy for alternative solutions to client debt
Additionally, the client advocate will reach out to and work with other community-based organizations and providers to connect clients to services and maintain relationships with systems players. S/he will also collaborate internally and externally to identify large-scale problems that affect our clients and to think creatively about strategies and solutions to these issues.
Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits.
How to Apply
To apply, please click go to www.stillsherises.org and click the Careers tab and upload a cover letter
in one document when prompted. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered
If you have any further questions, please email Patricia Jones, Business Operations Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Still She Rises, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, committed to inclusive hiring, and dedicated to diversity in our work and staff. We strongly encourage candidates of all identities, orientations, experiences and communities to apply.
||Still She Rises, Tulsa
|Posting Start Date:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Demonstrated interest in and/or experience with the criminal justice system with a social work background or reentry services, or other demonstrated commitment to public interest and/or civil rights work
- Positive outlook, intrepid spirit, and fierce dedication to the cause of social and racial justice for each of our clients and their community of North Tulsa
- Ability to self-start and to work both independently and as a member of a collaborative team
- Strong interpersonal skills with individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to perform well in crisis circumstances.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A valid driver's license
||This listing expires on: 9/6/2021