Director of Budget and Finance
DESCRIPTION OF JOB:
Reporting to the State Public Defender, this is a senior-level management position responsible for planning, directing and coordinating the Office of the State Public Defender’s (OSPD) financial services team, programs and services under the strategic direction of executive management. Work involves consulting in program objectives; coordinating organizational and operational components of the agency; developing policies that govern financial systems and operations; managing the agency’s budget and resources; and, allocating human, fiscal, operating, and capital resources for the agency.
The position applies well-rounded knowledge and technical expertise to develop, implement and administer the agency’s financial services including, but not limited to, budget; accounting; payroll; audits; operational planning; statistical analysis and trend projections; contract and grant management; procurement; facilities management; fleet and travel coordination; and financial information systems.
Typical duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Participates in short and long-term strategic planning and assists executive management in the development of agency-level goals and objectives.
- Consults with managers, staff and the State Public Defender on special projects, program operations, resources, and policies and procedures.
Management of Financial Services
- Directs and oversees the agency’s preparation and submission of annual budget and legislative fiscal notes to the Colorado General Assembly and other regulatory entities.
- Conducts comprehensive research, statistical analyses and reporting on caseload standards to assess short and long-term policy, resources, and strategic planning and objectives.
- Serves as the agency contact for all financial data and external financial and/or performance audits requested by the State Controller’s Office and State Auditor’s Office.
- Provides direction and oversight of agency internal audits.
- Manages and reconciles overall costs and expenditures against projected spending and budget allocations.
- Provides leadership and direction for 6.0 FTE, professional and supervisory levels, administering the accounting, budget, payroll, contract management, procurement, fleet management and travel services for the agency.
Additional information about the Office of the Colorado State Public Defender can be found at: www.coloradodefenders.us
Director of Budget and Finance
||Office of the Colorado State Public Defender
||$8,146 - $12,219 Monthly
|Posting Start Date:
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business or public administration or field directly related to the programs managed. High level professional experience, which provided the same kind, amount, and level of knowledge acquired in the required education may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required degree.
- Six years of progressive professional experience working with budget analysis, development and implementation; accounting; purchasing and contracting.
- Four years’ experience leading and managing professional-level staff.
HOW TO APPLY
- Prior experience working with indigent criminal defense, or other indigent service providers, strongly preferred.
- Master’s degree in Business or Public Administration or field directly related to assignment.
- Certified Public Finance Officer.
- Budget and finance experience in a state or other public sector environment.
- Experience analyzing, interpreting, and developing fiscal policy.
- Experience in legislative processes and long bill appropriation.
Qualified individuals must e-mail a resume and cover letter to Kristi Rudy at Kristi.Rudy@coloradodefenders.us by 11:59pm Mountain time on Monday, November 30, 2020. Please address how your skills and experience meet the qualifications for the position and your interest in working for the Office of the State Public Defender.
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
||This listing expires on: 2/10/2021