Digital Communications Manager
The Louisiana Center for Children’s Rights (LCCR) seeks a digital communications manager to manage and improve our online presence. The manager will be responsible for creating compelling content that helps grow our donor base and engage our supporters in advocacy efforts. Duties include strategy development, social media content creation and analytics, email marketing, online advocacy support, website management, and graphic design. This is a new position, perfect for someone who enjoys taking initiative and setting up systems. The person will collaborate with teams across the organization and will report to the Policy Director.
The position is based in New Orleans, but our staff is currently working remotely.
The Louisiana Center for Children’s Rights (LCCR) is a non-profit law office that fights to keep children out of the justice system so they can thrive in their homes and communities. We both represent individual children in their court cases and address the systemic issues that trap mainly poor, Black youth in the justice system.
As the juvenile public defender in New Orleans, our Children’s Defense Team represents over 90% of children in the city who come into contact with the juvenile justice system. We provide each child with a holistic team – a lawyer, social worker, investigator, and youth advocate – to address both the causes and consequences of an arrest.
Juvenile Life Without Parole:
We represent the majority of Louisianans who are facing or serving life without parole sentences for crimes they committed as children, which the U.S. Supreme Court has ruled unconstitutional in all but the rarest cases. We know that children can and do change for the better, so we fight for their second chance.
State and Local Advocacy:
We advocate for policies that reduce the number of children in the justice system and provide better alternatives to arrest and incarceration. For the kids who do enter the system, we support policies that keep them safe, protect their rights, and get them home as soon as possible.
Manage day-to-day digital communications
Analyze and improve communications
- Manage LCCR’s digital platforms including its website, social media channels, and email communications.
- Draft and post daily social media content (currently for Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram) and maintain a monthly editorial calendar.
- Design engaging visual and multimedia content for a variety of platforms and audiences.
- Write compelling written content for inclusion in blogs, newsletters, etc.
- Ensure brand consistency across digital outlets and, on occasion, print materials.
- Analyze LCCR’s current digital presence and devise a plan to improve and expand our reach.
- Develop and execute advertising campaigns as appropriate, including designing creative elements and building target audiences.
- Implement testing strategies to increase engagement rates.
- Implement a system to track, analyze, and report on our digital efficacy.
- Work closely with the Policy and Communications Directors to develop digital strategy for advocacy campaigns.
- Work closely with the Development Director to develop digital strategy for fundraising campaigns.
- In coordination with others, build and implement a plan for strengthening LCCR’s brand and growing our donor and supporter bases.
Digital Communications Manager
||Louisiana Center for Children's Rights
||New Orleans, LA
||$45,000 - $60,000
|Posting Start Date:
- A commitment to advancing racial justice and reducing the harm the justice system does to Black children.
- Strong intersectional analysis of racism and power.
- Previous digital communications experience, ideally 3-5 years.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to create materials for a variety of audiences.
- Strong graphic design skills.
- Experience using analytics tools and CRMs and a familiarity with the latest digital trends and tools.
- Deftness in improving existing systems and setting up new ones.
- Good judgment and the ability to exercise complete discretion.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and respond quickly to breaking news when necessary, including outside of regular working hours.
Salary and Compensation
- Knowledge of the juvenile and/or criminal legal systems, especially in New Orleans and/or Louisiana.
- Previous organizing and/or fundraising experience.
- Native or long-term resident of Louisiana who currently resides in New Orleans (or will when coronavirus restrictions are lifted).
- Experience working with young people.
The position offers a salary $45,000-$60,000 depending on years of experience and based on an established pay scale. LCCR offers employee benefits that include generous paid time off, health insurance, and parental leave. The position is full-time, and no other compensated work is permitted.
Please provide a resume and cover letter explaining your interest in the position to email@example.com. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis and the position will remain open until filled.
LCCR values diversity and is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. People of color, women, LGBT persons, people with disabilities, and those directly impacted by the justice system are encouraged to apply for all positions.
||This listing expires on: 3/9/2021