Social Work Director - Albuquerque, NM
- Objectives Summary
The Director is responsible for planning, organizing, developing, and directing the Social Work Division's overall operations following federal, state, and local standards and regulations, agency policies and procedures, and as required to ensure quality client services.
- Essential Functions
- Effectively plan, develop, organize, implement, evaluate and direct the social work division.
- Identify the needs of clients and create programs to help fill those needs.
- Maintain a productive working relationship with other agency managers/supervisors and coordinate social services to assure that daily services can be performed without interruption.
- Manage resources and operations and achieve outcomes through lower to mid-level staff to ensure the delivery of services internally or externally.
- Standardize the methods in which work is completed across the agency.
- Act as a liaison between the public and the department.
- Make well-informed, useful, and timely decisions while understanding the impact and implications of decisions.
- Identify and analyze problems; weigh accuracy and relevance of information; generate and evaluate alternative solutions; and make recommendations.
- Possess superior professional-level written and verbal communication skills; a high degree of professionalism, diplomacy, discretion; excellent judgment, problem-solving and strong customer-service skills.
- Demonstrated ability in managing a wide variety of complex tasks and projects simultaneously while meeting multiple deadlines.
- Maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive situations with solid judgment and discretion; perform duties independently but collaboratively.
- Provide mentorship of the social work division staff by promoting teamwork and positive communication and providing career coaching through mentoring to ensure staff performs practical social intervention, bio-social write-ups, and effective action plans that are within the scope of their duties.
- Develop and initiate adequate training opportunities, internally and externally, to enhance skills such as interview techniques, courtroom etiquette/appearances, coordination with community providers, etc.
- In conjunction with the Social Work Supervisor, may act upon leave requests, interview and recommend the selection of applicants, conduct annual performance evaluations, deal with conflicts, and recommend disciplinary actions.
- In conjunction with Social Work Supervisor, perform case reviews with Social Workers, Case Managers, and Benefits Specialists to ensure timeliness of actions, provide effective court advocacy representation by recommending alternatives to incarceration or mitigate incarceration time, prepare client for court appearances at the attorney's request. Make recommendations, as needed.
- Conduct workshops and speak at community events, as directed, to educate employees and/or the public about services and programs.
- Develop written reports from available or assembled data and create plans to improve client services.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee for this job. Duties, obligations, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Social Work Director - Albuquerque, NM
||Law Offices of Public Defender
||$65,332.80 - $102,065.60 Annually
|Posting Start Date:
- Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor's degree in Human Services, Social Sciences, Social Work or Counseling and five (5) years of experience in mental health or substance abuse counseling, of which two (2) years must be supervisory. A minimum of LBSW is required.
- Employment Requirements
Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license.
Collective Bargaining: This position is not covered by a collective bargaining agreement.
Default FLSA: Exempt
The Law Offices of the Public Defender is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, spousal affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, political affiliation or religion, mental or physical disability, or serious medical condition.
Preference may be given to multilingual applicants fluent in English and other languages.
||This listing expires on: 6/14/2021