Attorney I Williston, ND
Williston, known as “Boomtown USA,” has many things to offer such as unique dining experiences from food truck cuisine to fine dining there is something for everyone’s palate. Williston is home to the Area Recreation Center (ARC) which is a state-of-the-art fitness facility with family friendly activities and even has indoor surfing. Lake Sakakawea, the third largest man-made lake in the United States with over 180 miles of coastline, is located only about 60 miles from Williston and provides many outdoor activities such as boating, swimming, fishing, and camping. Lewis and Clark State Park is about 30 minutes away from Williston and has a campground, hiking trails, beaches, and a marina.
Commission on Legal Counsel for Indigents offers rewarding work and career development opportunities including:
•A comprehensive benefit package including fully-paid family health insurance, an excellent retirement plan, annual and sick leave, and a variety of voluntary insurance options:
•Flexible work schedule.
This position will represent indigent clients in judicial proceedings in the Northwest Judicial District and on appeals in the North Dakota Supreme Court. This position will require travel to all counties in the Northwest Judicial District and will provide conflict services in other jurisdictions.
- Represent clients in judicial proceedings in a competent, effective and ethical manner.
- Provide representation for conflict cases in other jurisdictions as necessary which may require travel.
- Keep abreast of statutory and decisional law in areas of practice.
- Maintain license to practice laws and obtain required CLE credits.
- May assist with agency education and training programs and projects for public defenders and contract attorneys.
- Performs other duties as necessary and/or assigned by the Commission.